The XML file is from an app I wrote a long time ago and contains thousands of
documents similar to this one.  Once Nick mentioned quotable-printable I
remembered I used that.  It was so long ago I had forgotten.  There are many
users that use the app and each of them have hundreds, if not thousands, of
individual XML files and they need this functionality.  My last resort would be
to send out update for the old app to all the users to reprocess their XML
files w/o the quoted-printable but you know how that will go.  If I could only
get Cocoa to do it I'd be done.