Am 16.07.2010 um 14:58 schrieb Brad Stone:

> The XML file is from an app I wrote a long time ago and contains thousands of
> documents similar to this one.  Once Nick mentioned quotable-printable I
> remembered I used that.  It was so long ago I had forgotten.  There are many
> users that use the app and each of them have hundreds, if not thousands, of
> individual XML files and they need this functionality.  My last resort would
> be to send out update for the old app to all the users to reprocess their XML
> files w/o the quoted-printable but you know how that will go.  If I could
> only get Cocoa to do it I'd be done.

Run, don't walk, and find some code snippet that removes the bizarre QP
reencoding from the data you get reading your XML, and don't reapply it saving
(except in a backward compatibility mode for non-upgrading users).

The whole idea of UTF-8 is to be able to represent about any glyph imaginable
without requiring reencoding, and UTF8-encoded XML deals pretty well with it
besides the requirement to escape "'<&> under certain