On Fri, 13 May 2011 09:54:47 -0700, Kyle Sluder said:

>> Thanks for the thought, but the feature has been gone since at least
>> WWDC10, and so I'm looking for real-world advice on how to transition,
>> not pipe dreams about Apple changing their mind after a whole year.
>
>Doesn't mean you shouldn't file a bug.

Doesn't mean I didn't file a bug.  The bug is a year old, and unfixed,
so I'm here asking the community for a workaround... (What's with
everyone always assuming bugs were not filed?  Apparently every post to
this list must have a preamble saying that a radar was duly filed,
but... hmpf.)

>And realistically, if you've already written the bindings goop, what
>choice do you have other than calling -bind:::: programatically from -
>awakeFromNib?

I'm not sure what other choices I have... that was my question. :)  I
was hoping all you smart folk out there had an idea I overlooked.  I
tend to agree with you that calling -bind:::: programatically may be the
best bet.  It will mean adding a bunch of outlets and boring bind::::
calls, but doable.

>Bindings are also helpful when there are logically
>multiple KVO observations that need to be made. But often times that's
>done more simply with a regular property.

I have found bindings very helpful for supporting undo, as model changes
are automagically updated in the UI.  But sometimes they are a PITA. :)