On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Kyle Sluder <kyle.slu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The bigger technical problem probably stems from some things that IB4
> does differently from IB3. Just from analyzing discussion on the dev
> forums, it seems apparent that the API needed to change to support
> Xcode 4. I bet they're not comfortable enough with the new plugin API
> to have released it for public consumption.

Then maybe Xcode 4 wasn't ready for public consumption. I think some
of us that believe Apple's previous  praise for their new IB3 plugin
API feel serious burned by that. The fact that there is no replacement
at hand means that I'll likely waste many more hours undoing IB3
plugin stuff in my XIB files just so I can build for the future. Yes,
Xcode 3 offers a solution for now, but it won't be there for future
development.

All in all, IB changes were a major step backward with this new
release. It is harder to use, less flexible, completely un-extendable,
and I've yet to see any real benefit from this change as a developer.

--
Mark Munz
unmarked software