On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:34 PM, James Merkel <jmerk...@mac.com> wrote:
> Then wherever I was sending the -release, I need to also send a separate
>  -close. it could be before or after the release, it doesn't really matter.

No, it really needs to be before the -release. When you call -release,
you relinquish your ownership of that object. It may cease to exist at
that point. It may continue to live for an indeterminate amount of
time. But either way, yes, it's one method call, done before the call
to -release.

--Kyle Sluder