> Alex Kac <a...@webis.net> 2011-07-24 13:31 wrote:
>>>
>>> This is a deal killer.  Seeing things next to
>>> each other is vital.  It's the reason we had to
>>> chop down so many trees in the olden days, for
>>> highly cross-referenced listings (even with tiny
>>> little laser print shrinking 2 older green-bar
>>> listing pages to one 8.5" by 11") to
>>> stretch out
>>> across conference tables next to each other.

> OK so Xcode can do that. Turn on the assistant, and
> click on a file to open. Then option click on
> another file...

Alternating looking at tiny little bits of 2 files
(like trying to look at a panoramic land-scape
through a straw) is not remotely the same as looking
at several files at the same time side by side.
That's a good way to make mistakes, and burn up
a lot of time hunting them down, later, because
they're usually mistakes the compiler won't flag.