But as I said, you simply then tell Xcode to open two windows. I really don't
see what the problem is here. It sounds more like you made up your mind to hate
it and nothing else will change your mind.

And I don't get how having one window that takes up the entire screen split
into 2 is "tiny little bits of 2 files". I don't use the 3rd pane on the right
unless I need to. If I need more space I press CMD-0 and hide the navigator. Or
in some cases I actually have Xcode open real windows. But I find the
side-by-side assistant view to be what I need 9 times out of 10.

And this is both on a MacBook Air 11'' (using it now) or my two 27'' LCD
displays at the office.

On Jul 24, 2011, at 9:37 PM, Jeffrey Oleander wrote:

>> Alex Kac <a...@webis.net> 2011-07-24 13:31 wrote:

>> OK so Xcode can do that. Turn on the assistant, and
>> click on a file to open. Then option click on
>> another file...
>
> Alternating looking at tiny little bits of 2 files
> (like trying to look at a panoramic land-scape
> through a straw) is not remotely the same as looking
> at several files at the same time side by side.
> That's a good way to make mistakes, and burn up
> a lot of time hunting them down, later, because
> they're usually mistakes the compiler won't flag.

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc.

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
-- Francis Roberts