On Nov 11, 2011, at 3:42 PM, Development wrote:

> Problem. an upcoming game i'm working on requires a certain library I
> purchased and of course do not have code level access too. It was not
> compiled correctly for me to use the universal setting in xcode. it's armv7
> only. Hence I cannot submit it to the app store in a few weeks...
>
> I've contacted the developer but do not expect a response or fix at this
> point. Basically... am I too understand that if I don't nix plans to use this
> library and find another solution I can only build my app for iPad and 4s?

No, it means you can only build for armv7 devices. Those include the iPhone 3GS
and any newer iPhones, the equivalent iPod Touch models (I believe the third
generation is the first, but I always get confused about which iPod is which),
and all the iPad models.

You're right that it will limit your supported devices, but not as much as you
think, and yes, your only option is to get the developer to recompile the
library or find another one.

> The second is that I want to prevent my iOS apps from running on jailbroken
> devices. Doing this is easy, albeit easily circumvented too, however is it
> "Legal" to do this?

If it's easily circumvented, why waste your time on it? If someone runs it on a
jailbroken device, they're already all about circumvention.

Best,
Hank