Well your average dolt that jailbreaks and knows absolutely nothing about it
would be blockaded. It's the folks that have hex editors and the time to figure
it out that will find it easy. Which is still a little too much for many JB'ers.
Besides, I want to see it broken so I can figure out how to stop it from
happening in the next point release.
That said... On my mac software I have a library I've written that makes
cracking more difficult than using a hex editor and changing some bools.
Specifically it uses a non MD5 hash to detect the slightest change in the
binary, libraries or data files. Thus far, recompiling alone with absolutely no
changes to the code will fail the hash check. Its been fairly successful.
But I don't really understand code signing that well. so I am curious if such a
hash would be possible on an iOS app. My understanding tells me that it would
not work.
The problem being of course that the hash is done after the app is built,
archive builds preclude the inclusion of an after the fact data file.