Hmm....

It's difficult to argue with numbers like this, and of course I am guessing
that a noticeable divot in sales really isn't there unless I actually do write
the next angry birds... Of course based on their ratio, I'll have to write
another 23 applications before I have a hit of that magnitude.

Another option I suppose that is a little more difficult to deal with crack
wise, is release all applications on the shareware model. Free limited version
with an in app purchase to activate. I've always done all verification on my
server and already have the back end to handle all of that with next to no
extra code so anyway...

That said, I would never be foolish enough to think a "pirate" is a potential
customer. A pirate would spend 6 months cracking an app before they'd spend $10
to buy it. It isn't the pirate I'm concerned with. It's the on the line, "I'll
buy it if I can't find a hack" type. You know, the type that likes software
"protected" by Kagi.