On May 15, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Alex Zavatone wrote:

> Yes, and I've tested it and we haven't had a problem with this.  I trust your
> advice, yet all I can see is that if the data transmission fails mid 4KB data
> transfer, it would hang.  In the case where the URL is invalid or
> unreachable, we have a dict to read from on the device.

It's a network. You are going to fail during transfer. Often.

> Well, the Apple HUI guidelines have been taking some strange directions
> recently on the Mac end of things.  I'm sticking with what I know will
> provide a tried and true expected (good) user experience.

Prepare for app rejection.

> I'm doing it because it's simply lame to display an empty TVC and then have
> it fill in as content appears like an HTML page.

You say "lame". People with more experience than you, and everyone else on the
platform, say "expected."

> If I have the option to display the complete data in the TVC view, I'm going
> to opt over that.

Prepare for app rejection.

> I'm missing your point.  Are you saying don't use a graphic (Default.png)
> when the app launches or the approach I used back last century with Director?

You clearly understood what he meant. Make your Default.png depict an empty,
text-less tableview.

--Kyle Sluder