First off (as much as I agree with the sentiment) isn't WTF profanity?

Second, and more to the point of my sentiment, and I hope someone on the Apple
development team is reading this, have you people gone absolutely mad!

This is MCP to the max!

Thankfully I write apps for custom in-house applications so no big deal to me,
but even if I had too, why in God's name would I distro via the app store, when
I can simply setup an old fashioned download on an e-commerce site for my app?!

Mark my words, to do this, will be the death of the App store. Users are
fickle. make them irate and they WILL find a way around, and as several people
have alluded to, user are notorious for clicking though (without reading or
understanding) only to get what they want done. It's one thing to chroot an app
on a server, where admins are the users, it's a WHOLE other idea to have no
technical users dealing with app signing issues, et al...

Perhaps instead of creating M$ like controls that have you clicking senselessly
and endlessly to get something done, Apple should take a lesson from history.
in other words, how many Windows, Linux, etc, users actually get hacked via
downloaded applications VS. going to some malicious website that uses
OS/browser level vulnerabilities (how does sandboxing prevent, for example,
flashback)? When 99% of all security breaches in companies are as a result of a
disgruntled employee (from the inside), or sabotage (from the inside) what does
sand-boxing REALLY prevent?

Nothing. It prevents nothing. It's nothing more then a warm fuzzy feeling, that
actually makes things worse, because people start believing the hype, and
relying on it as a method of security. So users become dumber, and take more
risky action which then continues an ever tightening cycle (noose around the OS
neck) of security, then one day, you go to log into your iMac and it asks for a
blood sample.

Boycott the App store I say, until Apple comes to its senses.