I do tend to get melodramatic, for sure, as I truly love my 1s and 0s, and my
love for them, makes me want to see them flow freely, unobtrusively, and have
access to everything, an extension of myself on the users computer, helping
him/her to get their work done. So sorry if it sounds like "torches and
pitchforks" but that is not the point here.

As for sentiment having anything to do with a technical mailing list, well,
given the fact that we have had 3 (now 4) issues in as many days regarding
Sandboxing, I believe the very technical solution, not using it, is a solution
worth considering.

Again, the technical answer (solution) is NOT to use it. If everyone on
this list really understood the damage it does by turning people away from
Apple (and the art of programing) many people, and acted accordingly, we can,
 and will change things. But simply saying it is what it is, is NOT an
answer. Putting yourself in a prison (or you application in a prison)
because there are a lot of bad people (applications) out there is not living
(or in an
application sense, executing).

You can easily use torrent to distribute. Fedora Core and many open source
products do so very easily. There are many MANY other avenues to expose
yourself other then the app store, and if your business development team can
not be creative enough to think of them, well maybe you need a new business
development team :) The reality is some of the most highly productive
application do NOT distribute via app store. EI SequalPro, VLC, Blender, etc....

I really mean it, this is MCP. The Master Control Program from Tron. Please
understand when you have a hardware vendor, riding an open source tool set, and
creating control that as of yet no one has a good argument for, it should give
everyone the creeps.

Users will vote with their downloads, if a developer is a bad one and leaves
his/her app vulnerable to other apps, then user will become wise, and stop
using it. It is NOT the place of the hardware/OS vendor to be the cop. This is
akin to the separation of church, state, and economy. You have the corporations
running the government (in this case the OS provider telling the applications
what to do).

Again, the solution to the technical problems caused by sandboxing is to NOT
use it, find other methods of distribution/advertising :)