> From: davel...@mac.com <davel...@mac.com>
> To: cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
> Date: Thursday, 2012 August 30, 18:26
>> On 2012 Aug 30, at 18:09, z...@mac.com wrote:
>>> From: Jeffrey Oleander <jgo...@yahoo.com>
>>> Thu, 2012 Aug 30 13:57:44
>>> To: <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
>>> Subject: Re: Sandboxing die.die.die
>>> Sandboxing die.die.die
>>> Code-Signing die.die.die
>>> Javascript die.die.die
>>> Kludgey CPUs die.die.die
>>> Bodyshopping die.die.die
Contextless docs die.die.die
>>> (throwing hammer at hare-brained power-mad forces of
>>> evil)
>>>
>>> Now, when can we cut the chains and get back to
>>> developing great apps?

>> Easy. When the exact items that we have issues with
>> are addressed.
>>
>> It's not that hard. Listen to the developers and
>> fix what causes the most problems for them.
>>
>> You satisfy their needs and as a result have
>> developers creating great apps easier and faster.
>>
>> If you don't do this, then the focus from management
>> is in the wrong place.

> But you're tilting at windmills here.

Cervantes... Don Quixote de la Mancha charging at
what he thought was an evil, force and fraud initiating
knight, but, in reality attacking a wind-mill.  That's
not the case, here.  (Why do so many people mis-apply
that expression to deride others' efforts to improve
things?)

These are actual design flaws and bugs, and lack of
clarity completeness and context in docs.

> This is not an official support channel. File Radars....

I would but it's broken... again.  Hence:
>> Javascript die.die.die
>> Javascript die.die.die

On the plus side, display manufacturers have made
larger, higher res displays.  Yay.  OTOH, who can
afford them in this approximately 13th year of the
Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama economic depression.  raspberries.

OT3H, all past bug reports and requests for improvements
in docs have gone to the bit bucket.  Not corrected,
just closed, rarely acknowledged.

I used to do tech support.  I've worked on ticketing/
bug report systems.  I've seen developers and tech writers
do such things in the past.  The only real solution is
for someone within the company to be given enough clout
to see that the bugs are actually corrected before the
ticket gets closed.  The usual pattern is for it to get
worse and worse over a period of a decade or more before
someone comes along to clean house.

But I don't expect miracles.  Apple has high revenues,
so some folks are satisfied with what they're getting
for now, and I get the impression there are lots of
newbie developers willing to put up with draconian
nonsense just to have the chance to develop at all.

Until the bugs and design flaws and docs are all corrected,
I'll continue grumping by whatever channels are open,
thankyouverymuch, though I do refrain for long periods --
often years at a stretch -- so as not to jam the lines
of communication.  I'm making an exception, this time,
by posting twice, simply because there's quite a bit of
spill-over aggravation from the US (and UK) politicians
of several parties striving mightily to make STEM job
markets worse in this political cycle.