> On 13 Jan 2015, at 07:42, João Varela <joaocvar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> all I’m saying be careful how you expose your licensing code if you are going
> to use objective C.

I take the opposite POV. If someone's going to start messing around with otool
and class-dump on my app, I know they're not going to be a paying customer. Why
should I waste my time with obfuscation just to provide such people with a more
educational challenge?

It's rather analogous to shoplifting. Stores don't put electronic tags on goods
to stop the professional thieves (because professionals have the same removal
tools that the counter staff have). They put them on there to:

i. suggest the item is of value and worth paying for; and
ii. to stop the person who 99/100 times would pay, but might just have an
aberration if you make it painfully easy for them to walk out the door without
doing so.

Nevertheless, if they really don't want to pay for it, they're not going to pay
for it.