Enric,

        my 2c of knowledge:

        my Tomcat starts with or without jaxp.jar and parser.jar.

        I used to delete those jars from the <tomcat>/lib directory, but, since
I've installed a software who needs them, I've put them into that directory
(after renaming them to zjaxp.jar and zparser.jar), and everything runs just
fine.

        My environment is:
- Windows 2000 Professional SP2
- IIS 5.0