Title: Message
> I always deploy EJBs "manually". jBoss is easier to write deployment descriptors, yes. otherwise there's not much difference.
Why on earth would you do manual deploys?  ANT is sexy!  We do a ANT build that automatically deploys a new EAR through jBoss.  In 90 seconds I can have a complete new build running with no manual intervention other than to invoke ANT.  That includes over 300 Java files in the EJB source (including data classes) and another 120 or so on the application side. Having jBoss hot deploy your EJB's and your application is one of those things that makes incremental development a reality...