Title: Message
agree, DB2 is not bad. I meant that sexy bunch of software is not to be 100% open. why would I want open RDBMS? I've no clue in inner workings of databases, I'll never ever open the hood, I promise. in fact, Oracle, MS SQL server and DB2 are probably equally good choices. for development you may get them for free, I guess.

I always deploy EJBs "manually". jBoss is easier to write deployment descriptors, yes. otherwise there's not much difference.
-----Original Message-----
From: Hunsberger, Peter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 10:14 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: sexy open source

One could certainly argue that DB2 is as sexy or sexier than Oracle; the fact that Oracle 8 lacks true outer join makes it down right ugly if you ask me... In any case, my real reason for responding is to say that I would consider jBoss "sexy" anyone that's had to do a manual EJB deploy using something other than JBoss is likely to agree...