--- Argyn Kuketayev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
schrieb: > > Please, see me as a newbie and give me
some code!
> > a) Explain if there is really working possibility
> > have J2EE datasource in cocoon's web.xml alone so
> one
> > could access it directly or is it bad idea as
> such?
>
> if you deploy cocoon.war inside your application's
> .ear file you'll see
> everything, even EJBs, not to mention datasources.
The problem is I did not get anything working with
combination of newest release versions of
JBoss/Tomcat/Cocoon, but perhaps I should go back to
JBoss 2.4.x and forget new features/bugs.

> when cocoon is deployed on your appserver, you can
> get an InitialContext of
> the JNDI server even easier, if it was a standalone
> app. I simply don't see
> a problem at all. I didn't have a necessity to call
> EJBs from Cocoon
> components yet, but I don't see any technical issues
> here.
> There could be issues with exception handling, as
> Arthur mentioned. When XSP
> is compiled, it has to handle all exceptions. So,
> Arthur wrote that it's
> better to make EJB calls before rendering the page,
> in order to be able to
> dispatch the request to other pages when errors
> come. Otherwise, it's not a
> big deal to call EJB from inside Cocoon. sorry, no
> code attached :)
I really hope there's no problem. Because of my
initial problems with even installing it and no luck
finding any hints in all possible mail archives, I
wondered if anybody uses the combination at all. Now
that I know it is there, it's now my turn to give it a
serious try and report the whole process to anybody
interested.
Thank you,
Peter.

Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de