Geoff -

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my
ability so you've got a little clearer picture of my setup, I apologize for
the vagueness of my description but as I said, being new to Cocoon I'm still
learning all of this as I go along. :)

> "What jdk did torque use to create the classes and what is cocoon using?"

They're both using the same JDK, 1.4.0_01.

> "Which release/cvs-version of cocoon are you running?"

I'm running the latest binary release of Cocoon available, v2.0.3 using the
Tomcat 4.0.4 servlet engine on Win2k.

> "Just to make sure, you are now correctly putting all this in your xsp
> page and not the xsl?"

Yes, my logic is all contained in the XSP, and not in the XSL.

> "What does your pipeline look like?"

My pipeline right now is very simple just for testing puposes one generator
and one transformer. I've pasted the exact pipeline below.

<map:match pattern="home">
        <map:generate src="content/home.xml" type="serverpages"/>
        <map:transform src="stylesheets/home2html.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

> "Is the response blank, or just the display in the browser (ie., do a

When I'm able to get cocoon to correctly locate the class by using it's
fully qualified name while calling it (I still can't get it to find my class
using <xsp:structure> and <xsp:include> so I can just refer to the
classname..), The only things I get in the browser display are the title and
the line of text that come before the logic in the XSP. After the logic,
there is nothing, and viewing the source of the HTML is equally as empty.
Only thing I find interesting is that the HTML document is closed normally
with </body> and </html> tags.. but it seems like all the other text I had
after the logic just doesn't get parsed. To find out what was happening, I
stuck two System.out.println(); statements with a message to spit out to the
console before and after I call my class method.. and oddly enough I get the
opening message, but not my closing message.. this is why I'm inferring that
Cocoon can find the class, but isn't finding the Torque classes that I
import in my own class. Of course, that's only a guess.. I've really no way
to tell exactly what the problem is. By my reasoning, Cocoon should be able
to find the Torque classes without a problem, and I get no error telling me
that it can't.

> - Is your xsp namespace defined in your xsp and xsl?

Yes, my XSP namespace is defined in both the XSP and the XSL and are
identical.

Again, thanks for your time,
Brian Schwark
[EMAIL PROTECTED]