Hi,

to be honest I have no idea what you are talking about :-).

1.) Why are all such nice and nifty add ons developed all outside of cocoon
?
<<
Exactly which components/add-ons do you mean?

2.) When i move to such an add on component, how can i enshure to keep up
with the releases of cocoon (taking advantage of the enhancements done by
the cocoon developers)?
<<
Again - which add-ons?

3.) Why can't i find pointers to the mentioned add ons from within the the
cocoon pages ?

There is sooo many good software around the world and cocoon for me is one
of the finest. Why does not all this effort take place at the heart but is
cluttered around in several loosely coupled or even uncoupled add on
projects ???
<<
Cocoon is not cluttered around. At least I don't think it is. The core
Cocoon project is here. This is the project that is "run" by the Apache
Cocoon community. Anything else that may be an "add-on" is
run/developed/maintained by the respective "owner".

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.s-und-n.de

I asked this within another thread, but since it does not belong there, i
post it again under a new title:

I am a bit confused. I'm following the discussons in this mailing list for
about a week now and i found at least two other products/components
(whatever) mentioned in the various emails which claim to be an on top of
cocoon development.

Despite that all this stuff sounds very interesting, i for myself get more
and more unshure how to proceed with my investigations on cocoon. Some
questions rise in my mind:

1.) Why are all such nice and nifty add ons developed all outside of cocoon
?
2.) When i move to such an add on component, how can i enshure to keep up
with the releases of cocoon (taking advantage of the enhancements done by
the cocoon developers)?
3.) Why can't i find pointers to the mentioned add ons from within the the
cocoon pages ?

There is sooo many good software around the world and cocoon for me is one
of the finest. Why does not all this effort take place at the heart but is
cluttered around in several loosely coupled or even uncoupled add on
projects ???

regards, Hussayn

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH