> While I am sure there are users that abuse multiregistering to X
> from a
> single IP, there are also multiple users employing single IP's
> in the many
> household and small business LAN's utilizing various forms of
> shared connections.
>
> I wonder if the loss of utility for these users might not
> outweigh the types of abuse that can perpetrated with X.
>
> William Van Wyck
> pzl

If this is what worries you, remember that ops on the channel have the hability to
think! They could choose to ban only by the undernet host if they want to! The thing
is that they need to have that choice.. this is their channel!

And when i talk about multiregistering, what i am talking about is when someone, with
a buch of emails that are pointing in fact to the same place is registering 50
usernames and, with them go online with drones coming from compromised connexions
(trojan, wingates, etc). And then is using them to flood a channel.. there is no way
of tracig them to informe the ISP of the compromised ips... And more important, you
cannot pinpoint the source, the person who was abnned or feeled suffisently insulted
to attack your channel or your connexion. You cannot informe his ISP to check his
activities and eventualy make him stop.

You also give the perfect rpotection to pples wanting to do any illegal activities at
all...

Regards,

- Alocin