Hi there,

Searching Google shows an old but very short thread about SSL on ircu which
did not have any answer, so in light of recent word wide outrage against
the united states govt and its nsa with prism, and uk's gchq's similar
program, I was hoping to revive this feature request  with a view to more
urgency for the protection and the privacy of the honest decent citizens
which contrary to usa govt beliefs, are in the vast majority.

Our network is small, but other ircd's have and have had SSL for some time,
and we would rather not change since we know, like, and trust ircu.

My question is, do we move? Our committee has decided SSL is the way
forward,so I have ben tasked tgo find out if there is currently work or
plan of work being done on ircu for (both server and client side) SSL?
Or, is there currently no plan or work underway ?

Thankss
Laura,
(ircu user since 1996)