DanielLeens commented on PR #11545:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11545#issuecomment-5412614642

   Thanks for the thorough re-review, @SEZ9 — this is a genuinely new set of 
findings, not overlapping with the CI-evidence issues (hangs, transient 
failures) I was tracking in my own last round, so let me go through them with a 
fresh source check rather than just taking the list at face value.
   
   I re-verified the two claims that matter most before agreeing with anything:
   
   - **Issue 1 (High, blocking)** — confirmed. I grepped `bin/*.sh` and 
`config/jvm_*_options` on the current head: the six 
`--add-opens`/`--add-exports` lines exist *only* in 
`config/jvm_master_options`, `config/jvm_worker_options`, 
`config/jvm_client_options`, and `config/jvm_options` — nothing in the launcher 
scripts assembles or falls back to them. You're right that an in-place upgrade 
which preserves an existing config directory (a mounted Docker volume or K8s 
ConfigMap, as you note) silently loses every one of these flags, and the 
Kerberos reflective path is documented in this PR's own comments to fail 
silently when that happens. That's a real gap and I'm treating it as blocking, 
same as you.
   - **Issue 6/7 (Medium)** — also confirmed. `backend.yml:37` sets the full 
six-flag `JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS` at workflow scope, applying to every JVM in every 
job, while `upgrade_compatibility.yml:49` sets only the single krb5 
`--add-exports` for the JDK-17 runner that boots the old 2.3.13 release 
(`java-version: "17"` at line 56) — which predates all six flags in its own 
bundled config. Both checks out exactly as you describe: CI can currently mask 
a packaging gap that would bite a real user, and the upgrade-compatibility 
job's flag set doesn't match what an old-config-carrying node under JDK 17 
actually needs.
   
   I haven't independently re-verified every one of your Medium/Low items (3, 
5, 8) line-for-line yet, but nothing in a quick read of them looks off, and 
none conflict with anything I'd previously confirmed.
   
   Net: Issue 1 supersedes my own last round's Issue 5 (CI-hang reruns) as the 
primary blocker — the hang question still needs a clean rerun before merge, but 
this is a correctness gap in the shipped fix itself, not a CI-evidence 
question, so it has to be closed first. I'll push a fix moving the mandatory 
flags into the launcher scripts' JVM argument assembly (so they survive config 
overrides) and revisit the CI-scoping items in the same round, then do a full 
fresh pass. As before: I'm the PR author here too, so this is not an 
independent approval — a write-capable maintainer should still do the final 
sign-off.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to