SEZ9 commented on PR #12079:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12079#issuecomment-5862568533

   Thanks for restating these directly — that helps.
   
   **F1** — The three tests you listed (`ConfigParserUtilTest.java:356`, 
`MultipleTableJobConfigParserTest.java:773`, 
`SeaTunnelConfValidateCommandTest.java:291`) target exactly the scenario I 
raised: two transforms defaulting to the same output ID feeding a multi-input 
dependent. I'll verify at `3df75448c` that they assert on scheduling order 
rather than only the final result before marking this resolved.
   
   **F2 / F4** — The `emptyInputFallback = transform.inputIds.isEmpty() || 
transform.inputOmitted` condition at `TransformDependencyScheduler.java:140` 
(with `inputOmitted` at `:236`) is the right shape for removing the 
transform-count gating. I'll confirm the code and the tests at 
`MultipleTableJobConfigParserTest.java:728` / `:733` and 
`SeaTunnelConfValidateCommandTest.java:245` / `:273` against the head before 
closing these out.
   
   **F3 onward** — On my side the F3 paragraph still ends mid-sentence, right 
after "`ConfigParserUtil.getInputIds` (`ConfigParserUtil.java:269`) is the only 
place `plugin_input` is resolved from `ReadonlyConfig`; `S", and I don't see 
the F5/F7/F8 recap or the F6 answer after it. Whatever the cause, rather than 
guess, could you post them again as a short separate comment per item?
   
   1. **F3** — the rest of the "one path" argument: which call site the dry-run 
scheduler now uses so `getTransformInputIds` and `getInputIds` can't diverge.
   2. **F6** — with the fallback only triggering on an empty/omitted 
`plugin_input`, does a single-transform self-cycle (explicit `plugin_input` 
equal to its own output) now hard-fail in dry-run the same way the runtime 
parser does? A test name is enough.
   3. **F5** — is `TransformDependencyScheduler` the shared scheduler used by 
both `DryRunConnectValidator` and `MultipleTableJobConfigParser`, or does each 
still carry its own copy?
   4. **F7** — where the docs/upgrade-note change for the new fail-fast 
behaviour landed, or confirmation it's intentionally deferred.
   5. **F8** — whether the redundant static helpers and the unused 
`getOutputId()` accessor were removed.
   
   Once I have those I'll do a final pass over the head.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1373 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to