Nikk8091 commented on issue #11007:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/11007#issuecomment-5893066964

   Hi, I would like to claim a focused Source / `connector-socket` validation 
follow-up.
   
   I audited current `dev` at `ea5f089674ea782c9399503258a0940459cf7abb`, this 
tracker, and the open PR set. `SocketSourceFactory.optionRule()` currently 
requires `host` and `port` for presence only. The sink already applies 
positive-port validation through the previously merged sink migration (#11214), 
and I did not find an active PR covering the source factory validation.
   
   I propose adding declarative `notBlank(host)` and `greaterThan(port, 0)` 
constraints to the source rule only. Focused `ConfigValidator` tests would 
cover a valid configuration, each option missing, empty and whitespace-only 
`host`, zero and negative `port`, and acceptance of a padded nonblank host.
   
   I will preserve all nonblank host configurations, raw TCP connection/read 
behavior, and existing option names and types. I will not add DNS, 
reachability, remote-network, or runtime checks, and I will not modify the sink 
or `max_retries`. I will update the EN/ZH source documentation only where 
needed to state the validated contract.
   
   Could you please confirm that this source-only scope is available before I 
implement it? Thank you!


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to