> On 12 Jul 2015, at 22:32, Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> sure. what did you have in mind?
>
> Last time it was discussed we were going to wait to overhaul the repo until
> we have a new repo to move to.
>
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1,
>>
>> could you structure the source tree/build so that adding new modules is
>> easy?

nothing particular, except I want to do something better with test running and
reporting

http://steveloughran.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/distributed-system-testing-where-now.html
http://steveloughran.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/why-is-so-much-of-my-life-wasted.html

I actually think that Yetus may be the wrong place; I want to do some baby
steps with

-something to import ant Junit XML and generate some aggregate (avro?) format
-spark libs for analysis in ipython, zepplin of test runs and test runs across
time and configurations.

ultimately I'd like to  be able to stream test events from test runners & log
events from (distributed) processes together for a linearized event log which
could go into better analysis & some webapp to view better, with some
as-test-run reporting.

I think overall this wouldn't fit into Yetus, something way downstream -but I
might like some of the test & log reporting in there if that helps get the
dependency graph right.

Like I said: want. Spare time work, which is why I didn't propose a talk on it
at apachecon EU data.