On Jul 14, 2015, at 3:08 AM, Bruno P. Kinoshita <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br>
wrote:

> Hi
> Has anyone considered using TAP (Test Anything Protocol) for test reporting?
> [1][2]
> disclaimer: I'm the maintainer of the Jenkins TAP plug-in and tap4j Java
> library

        Just to be clear:  yetus is about the layer between Jenkins and the
unit tests.  Many Apache communities don’t bother looking at Jenkins and it’s
reporting because a) it’s extremely noisy when you’re testing literally
hundreds to thousands of patches a week (plus full builds!) and b) why log into
something when one can have the results sent (passive vs. active)?   Plus it’s
much easier to run a pre-existing script across a ton of different source bases
than work on integrating xyz tool into an existing source tree.

        That said, I did look at tap4j last year when I was looking to
integrate bats into Hadoop’s test framework.  As someone who isn’t particularly
proficient in Java, it wasn’t clear to me how exactly I would turn bats TAP
output into something JUnit could process using tap4j.