On Jul 17, 2015, at 3:07 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>> On 16 Jul 2015, at 16:05, Allen Wittenauer <a...@altiscale.com> wrote:
>>
>> “convert this directory of TAP-formatted files to JUnit XML”.
>
> FWIW it's Ant JUnit XML Reporter-formatted XML. Just to make the origins
> clear: it's an ASF format written in, 2000 or 2001, probably by sballiez, who
> also did the XSL stylesheets.
>
> we own it, but the way its widely used now means we can't fix it directly

It actually occurred to me this morning that I'm solving the wrong problem.
Our development workflows don't care if Jenkins or Maven understand TAP.  I
just need to add TAP support to test-patch directly and make sure that the
build fails when TAP tests say it should fail.  This simplifies the problem
tremendously.