On Jul 13, 2015, at 2:52 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> nothing particular, except I want to do something better with test running
> and reporting

> ultimately I'd like to  be able to stream test events from test runners & log
> events from (distributed) processes together for a linearized event log which
> could go into better analysis & some webapp to view better, with some
> as-test-run reporting.

> I think overall this wouldn't fit into Yetus, something way downstream -but I
> might like some of the test & log reporting in there if that helps get the
> dependency graph right.

        We've started to build some code to support more than one reporting
mechanism at a time[1].  It probably wouldn't be that hard to write a reporter
that takes the data from a finished run and ships it off to Kafka or something
similar.  Downstream systems could pull from Kafka (or whatever) the data and
do whatever with it.

> Like I said: want. Spare time work, which is why I didn't propose a talk on
> it at apachecon EU data.

[1] - technically, we already do given that we're pumping to the screen and
optionally JIRA.  Groundwork is laid for github PR support, but I'm not
particularly happy with the design given some of the requirements I didn't
fully comprehend at the time.