On Jul 15, 2015, at 11:22 PM, Bruno P. Kinoshita <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br>
wrote:

> Good points. This layer between Jenkins and the unit tests seems useful.

        Thanks!

        We think so too!  It’s why we’re working on pulling the code out of
Hadoop to make it more generalized for lots of different projects.

> You can use something like this Perl script [1] to convert the output of bats
> TAP to JUnit. I tested it locally and the XML looked good. It would be
> possible to use tap4j for that too, but I think it would be not very
> efficient unless you already had a JVM running or needed to integrate it with
> Jenkins.

        JVM startup costs aren’t a problem because we’d want to do this inside
maven.  So it’d be *extremely* useful if tap4j’s maven plugin had a hook that
said “convert this directory of TAP-formatted files to JUnit XML”.  [We
post-process the JUnit XML.]

        I’ll take a look at the perl code.  Thanks!