On Nov 11, 2015, at 12:13, Vinod Vavilapalli
<vino...@hortonworks.com<mailto:vino...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

   — YARN Timeline Service v1.5 - YARN-4233: A short term bridge before
YARN-2928 comes around. I think this should go in given the tremendous activity
recently.

+1, let’s target ATS v1.5 work to 2.8. Most critical patches will be ready for
review this week. YARN-4234 also addresses the versioning problem for ATS v1,
v1.5, and v2, which will bridge the gap between v1 and v2.

   — YARN Timeline Service Next generation: YARN-2928: Lots of momentum, but
clearly a work in progress. Two options here
       — If it is safe to ship it into 2.8 in a disable manner, we can get the
early code into trunk and all the way int o2.8.

Let’s review all changes in YARN-2928 branch and evaluate their impact on the
upstream code. Right now in YARN-2928 branch we’ve modified RM/NM/Distributed
shell and MR. Before we make a decision on this I think we need to review their
effects so that ATS v2 (in its alpha mode) is not affecting existing parts.

       — If it is not safe, it organically rolls over into 2.9

Sure.