On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Vinod Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com
> wrote:

>     — YARN Timeline Service Next generation: YARN-2928: Lots of momentum,
> but clearly a work in progress. Two options here
>         — If it is safe to ship it into 2.8 in a disable manner, we can
> get the early code into trunk and all the way int o2.8.
>         — If it is not safe, it organically rolls over into 2.9

I'll review the changes on YARN-2928 to see what impact it has (if any) if
the timeline service v.2 is disabled.

Another condition for it to make 2.8 is whether the branch will be in a
shape in a couple of weeks such that it adds value for folks that want to
test it. Hopefully it will become clearer soon.

Sangjin