Thank you Vinod for starting this discussion.

+1 for getting a beta/alpha version for Application Priority (YARN-1963).
Major patches are already in and MAPREDUCE-5870 (making MR also to use
app-priority) is in final review stages. This feature is also tested
in-house. With 2.8.0 alpha, I feel we can see more use case based testing
on same.

A documentation JIRA is already raised for App Priority, and I will mark it
for 2.8 so that it will be done before the RC cut.

Thank You
Sunil