On 2/1/02 5:23 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Scott Sanders wrote:
>
>> +1 about eveything you said, although I think Peter added himself to the
>> STATUS file to make a point about the problems with the model in
>> general, not logging in particular.
>
> And if a commiter logs in jakarta, removes all the files in the CVS or
> breaks in - it'll make a point that nobody should be trusted ?
>
> Of if he changes the jakarta-site and adds some inaproriate content,
> will that mean we shouldn't allow commiters to access the jakarta-site ?
>
> Any model has problems.  I don't know what's the right solution, but
> it can happen in any project - if someone wants to contribute to tomcat
> he can become a commiter and play the same -1 game there, as in any other
> project.

And how do you do that?  You show interest and commitment in the community.
You have commit status because it's clear you care.

In peter's case, he was just making a point.

And please : my argument can be dismissed out of hand by resorting to the
notion that you had demonstrated interest and commitment that being a
commons committer.   Please donšt' do that. If you can't allow me the idea
that working on logging isn't the same as working on AltRMI, then we can't
continue the conversation and I will graciously agree to your point (and go
away frustrated again :)

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting