>And in that framework, can they have their components use the generic
>commons interface for logging?

No.  The biggest difference (and it's important to the Avalon community) is
that logged messages are "Object" in commons, and "String" in LogKit.  That
kind of trashes the idea of sharing a common interface.  However, the CODE
you write can be "independent" of this.

Richard A. Sitze            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CORBA Interoperability & WebServices
IBM WebSphere Development

                      "Geir Magnusson

                      Jr."                     To:      Jakarta Commons Developers
List
                      <geirm@optonline         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      .net>                    cc:

                                               Subject: Re: [logging]  Need
interface...
                      04/03/2002 02:59

                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to "Jakarta

                      Commons

                      Developers List"

On 4/3/02 3:18 PM, "Berin Loritsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Commons logging should be for all modules that want a generic logging
interface.

In my opinion anyway... :)

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>