Thanks....
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    "Geir

                    Magnusson Jr."       To:     Jakarta Commons Developers List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <geirm@adeptra       cc:

                    .com>                Subject:     Re: jexl again...

                    06/12/02 11:31

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Jakarta

                    Commons

                    Developers

                    List"

On 6/12/02 7:24 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a performance benefit other than the object creation?

Yes - the expression that you cache contains a pre-parsed syntax tree,
which
is created when the factory makes the Expression object.

While it's going to be small in the grand scheme of things, as a percentage
it will be quite beneficial to cache them.  You also keep out of the
factory, which has serialized access to the parser at the moment, so if you
are doing this in a concurrent environment, you get that too...