On 6/12/02 1:06 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The hassle I had with Jexl was using the context to set a variable to a
> value to be evaluated later. With Jexl, it meant I couldn't have a string
> with the same value as a variable name, i.e. setting 'name' to 'value'
> meant if I evaluated 'name' I always got 'value'. Good except that I'm
> trying to fit in with ant's property / value naming style.

Ah.  I think I understand what you mean.  Jelly adds the ${foo} decorations
to allow the distinction between references and constants, and to not
inflict one kind of indicator.  So jelly uses ${foo}, but others could do
$foo, %foo, <foo>, etc...  Jexl accomodates all by not inflicting one way on
the user.

If you wanted a constant string 'name', then just put single or double
quotes around it...

    'name'

Does that address what you were saying?  (I am wondering if I missed your
point...)

Geir

Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]