http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/plugins/java/goals.html

> for more info.

Cool I'll use the jar:snapshot goal from now on when I
send to the Maven list.  It sounds like it's going to
work better if I just use jar:install, and you can
update the remote JARs on your own.

I'm having trouble getting jar:install to work with
intra-project dependencies though.  I tried using the
<project_name>+<plugin_name> syntax for the ids of the
taglibs, like this:

  <project>
    <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
    <name>commons-jelly-tags-ant</name>
    <id>commons-jelly+tags-ant</id>
    <currentVersion>SNAPSHOT</currentVersion>

but it didn't look produce the output I expected when
I ran jar:install (I expected it to write a jar to
commons-jelly/jars):

  java:jar:
    [touch] Creating C:\cvsrep\jakarta-commons-
      sandbox\jelly\jelly-tags\ant\target\Manifest.mf
    [jar] Building jar: C:\cvsrep\jakarta-commons-
      sandbox\jelly\jelly-tags\ant\target\commons-
      jelly+tags-ant-SNAPSHOT.jar

  jar:install:
    [copy] Copying 1 file to c:\lib\maven-1.0-beta-7\
      repository\commons-jelly+tags-ant\jars

Am I doing something wrong, or does the plus syntax
only work for the id of "dependency" tags?  If so,
does that mean I have to manually copy the libraries
to my local repository?

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange