Morgan Delagrange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05/01/2003 05:28:13 AM:
> > > Hello, is anybody home?
> > Hello, did you give us the jar file in the right
> > format?
>
> You mean, besides JAR?  I didn't know there was one.
> Point me to the documentation and I'll make sure I get
> it right in the future.

If you want a SNAPSHOT jar to go onto ibiblio, it should have this format:

${project.id}-YYYYMMDD.hhmmss.jar where
id - taken from the project.xml of the project being built , e.g.
commons-jelly
YYYYMMDD - The current year in 8 digit format
hhmmss - the current time in 6 digit format

See
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/plugins/java/goals.html
for more info.

> What's a local repository?  I'll try that jar:install
> command James mentioned, see what that does.

It's the repository of jars on your hard disk Maven creates. Typically
$MAVEN_HOME/repository.

> > Remember lots of people *need* that jar to be
> > viable.
>
> Four developers are in the midst of refactoring Jelly.
>  Sounds viable to me.

A 'SNAPSHOT' jar is downloaded by Maven if it changes in the remote repo
(ibiblio). So if the commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT.jar was screwed, and a maven
user runs a build, they'll get the newer, possibly screwed, version. I'm
just saying we need to be careful about what gets deployed.

> Anyway, I think I've succeeded in lighting a fire
> undeer somebody and getting some information about how
> all this works, so mission accomplished.  I'll avoid
> asking for updates to the Maven repository until I
> divine the correct format and write something
> "viable".

Hopefully this helps. I'm ready and willing to answer questions about
maven and ibiblio stuff anytime you need.

I'm in a strange timezone for you though, so bear with me.

I really don't need a fire lit under me, just gentle prodding every now
and again :)
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au