From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Morgan Delagrange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/01/2003 06:28:47 PM:
> > --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > Morgan Delagrange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on
> > > 04/01/2003 09:01:57 AM:

> > > the
> > > days.
> > > Owwww....I was asleep!
> > >

> > Boy, you Maven folks are deep sleepers:
> >

> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-dev&m=104155973415577&w=2
> >   http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-jelly/jars/
> >
> > Hello, is anybody home?
> Hello, did you give us the jar file in the right format?
>
> > All irony aside, the obvious point is that until we
> > can effect our own immediate Maven repository
> > gratification, Maven's still kind of crappy for
> > refactoring.  GUMP, while not immediate, is a definite
> Ah, dump the SNAPSHOT in your *local* repository if you want to refactor
> and test something. It doesn't need to be in the remote repo unless you're
> committing the project descriptor publicly and have tested it.

We do need to make it easier for folks to upload jars to the shared repo;
maybe more administrators is the answer. Though a webapp or script to do it
would be good.

FWIW Morgan if ever uploading a jar is slowing you down, as Dion said you
can just modify your own local repository

e.g. 'maven jar:install' will install your local build of a jar in your
local repository.

or in an emergency you can create your own shared repository area by
defining the property...

maven.repo.remote=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/,http://www.apache.org/~morga
nd/myrepo

BTW many thanks to Morgan, Sam and Dion for helping to sort out he gump
build for jelly! I'll have time next week to dive in and help clear up any
loose ends.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/