http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-dev&m=104155973415577&w=2
> >   http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-jelly/jars/
> >
> > Hello, is anybody home?
> Hello, did you give us the jar file in the right
> format?

You mean, besides JAR?  I didn't know there was one.
Point me to the documentation and I'll make sure I get
it right in the future.

> > All irony aside, the obvious point is that until
> we
> > can effect our own immediate Maven repository
> > gratification, Maven's still kind of crappy for
> > refactoring.  GUMP, while not immediate, is a
> definite
> Ah, dump the SNAPSHOT in your *local* repository if
> you want to refactor
> and test something. It doesn't need to be in the
> remote repo unless you're
> committing the project descriptor publicly and have
> tested it.

What's a local repository?  I'll try that jar:install
command James mentioned, see what that does.

> Remember lots of people *need* that jar to be
> viable.

Four developers are in the midst of refactoring Jelly.
 Sounds viable to me.

> > improvement and has the added benefit of catching
> > problems in the HEAD versions of dependencies.  As
> far
> > as Maven is concerned, betwixt, html, http, jeez,
> > jetty, and swing are all still in the core Jelly
> > library.  Therefore it's quite possible that there
> are
> > as-yet undiagnosed problems in my refactoring.
> Why are they still there?

Because they're undiagnosed?  If they were diagnosed,
I would try to fix them.

Anyway, I think I've succeeded in lighting a fire
undeer somebody and getting some information about how
all this works, so mission accomplished.  I'll avoid
asking for updates to the Maven repository until I
divine the correct format and write something
"viable".

- Morgan

> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting