David Graham wrote:
This is absolutely not a DBCP code issue; it is a management issue. Applications that leak resources should have their own separate connection
pool. When they run out of connections, only that app will break and
won't affect any other applications on the server. It will be much easier
to debug the leak in the isolated app because DBCP won't hide it from you
and you won't have to search any other apps.

So, there is no need for this feature in DBCP if the above process is
followed.  This makes everyone's life simpler :-).

I think "business" might be replaced with "many situations in the real world."

I dream of well run projects. Developers who follow processes that make everyone's life easier. Ah, that would be nice. Is there such a land?

--
Serge Knystautas
President