On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:58:45 +1000
"Vikram Goyal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > -1 on any combination.  Core / Combo - whatever.  I think it is a bad
> > idea.
> Agree with you that it is a bad idea. Commons was supposed to be it.
> Its like trying to factor out a "Commons" out of Commons. I can see
> the nightmare and the trouble people will have trying to understand
> what a "Combo" is out of Commons. Developers are sensible enough to
> realise and factor out common jars. Agreed that it takes time but hey,
> thats what we are paid for.

I knew that these kind of objections would occur if we thought
this package *in* "Jakarta"-Commons Dev list.

Briefly, ... How about Apache Commons?

Keep the tiny commons.jakarta packages as they are and Apache
Commons (http://commons.apache.org/) provides the mixture of
Jakarta-Commons, DB-Commons, XML-Commons etc.... Perfect! ;-)

Jakarta-Commons would be as it is ... no change.

-- Tetsuya ([EMAIL PROTECTED])