> what are the opinions on renaming IOUtils to IoUtils?  I think
> there's a guideline in "Elements of Java Style" that suggests
> capitalizing acronyms in this way.

Sun deprecated isRequestedSessionIdFromUrl, encodeUrl, encodeRedirectUrl,
etc., in favor of isRequestedSessionIdFromURL, encodeURL, encodeRedirectURL,
etc.

This appears consistent with the Java style guide I found from Sun:

  "All [type, non-constant field and method] names should use
   the InfixCaps style. Start with an upper-case letter, and
   capitalize the first letter of any subsequent word in the
   name, as well as any letters that are part of an acronym.
   All other characters in the name are lower-case."

ref: http://wwws.sun.com/software/sundev/whitepapers/java-style.pdf,
sections 3.2 - 3.4.  An HTML version of an older edition can be found at
http://www.isr.umd.edu/~austin/ence489c.d/java-style.html.

        --- Noel