On Feb 29, 2004, at 11:26 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

In addition, we have commons-proper projects without a release:

IO
Jelly
Jexl
Launcher
Math

Does anyone have estimated release dates for these? and who is release
manager for each one? [something we should probably make a clause of
sandbox->proper promotion]. If the release manager then vanishes, we
should demote if no one else volunteers.

Subtle point - should there be a required release to get to commons out of sandbox? One issue we're discussing is that code shouldn't depend on sandbox code, as it's supposed to be just a 'play area'. That said, having users is a great way to clean, refactor and evolve code, so if you can only get to commons from sandbox w/ a release, then we are imposing a bit of a chicken-egg problem, or just releasing for the sake of release, which I think is pointless.

***

To get started, I'm currently viewing myself as IO release manager and
have been slowly moving along. All code is now javadoc'd as much as needs
be and classes that will not go in 1.0 have been identified. 3 Unit tests
remain to be finished.

I'll do jexl...

geir

Hen