Phil Steitz wrote:

Eric MacAdie wrote:

I am starting to look at R for validating the stats functions. I also found a site with some data sets, but I have not looked at them yet.

Eric,

Any help with the validation would be *much* appreciated.

-Phil

I *finally* have some results. I ran a couple of small data sets through

org.apache.commons.math.stat.univariate.DescriptiveStatisticsImpl and a couple of R and Octave scripts to
compare answers.

A few of the functions I have not been able to figure out in Octave yet, like getMax(), getMin(), getSum() and getSumsq().

For the most part, I got the same answers, except for kurtosis and skewness.

I hope this is helpful.

EKMacAdie

*

*