From: "robert burrell donkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> maybe we could sidestep this issue by including the two collections
> classes (ArrayStack and Buffer) that beanutils depends upon (either
> directly or indirectly) within the beanutils release and removing the
> collections dependency. since the versions of these classes in
> collections 2.1 and 3.0 seem to differ only in licensing and
> documentation, this would make beanutils and digester compatible with
> both 2.1 and 3.0 collections.

I am in favour of removing the direct dependency on [collections]. The
proposed solution of copying the two classes to digester (no package rename)
is fully acceptable to me, and I will happily add comments to [collections]
noting that the copy has occurred (or you could add the comments to
collections yourself ;-).

I have no plans to update either Buffer or ArrayStack, nor are there any
known issues. They are very stable classes, and well suited to this kind of
copy.

Stephen