On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 11:57, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> I like copying the class without a package rename as a medium-term step
> while we deprecate and create a new public method that returns a
> standard collection class instead of a [collections] class.  The chances
> of a bad change on the [collections] version of this class are low;
> especially in the kind of time frame we are talking about.

So the only question is: should it be BeanUtils that copies the class
and does a release (with Digester depending on the new BeanUtils
release), or should the copied class be added to Digester, with Digester
depending on the existing BeanUtils release?

The latter is probably easier as we are about to do a Digester release
anyway, but a new BeanUtils release would provide this "decoupling"
feature to all BeanUtils users, not just Digester.

Regards,

Simon