On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Aaron Smuts wrote:
> Yes, I think the couple problems that Hibernate folks
> found in JCS have been resolved.  There have been tons
> of enhancements to JCS in the last year.

>From the Hibernate reference documentation:

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html_single/#performance-cache

"By default, Hibernate uses EHCache for JVM-level caching. (JCS support is now
deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Hibernate.) You may choose
a different implementation by specifying the name of a class that implements
net.sf.hibernate.cache.CacheProvider using the property
hibernate.cache.provider_class."

It's a bummer their docs don't mention the recent work on JCS, though I'm not
sure of the right channel to send that message and as a new Hibernate user I
lack the proper context.  BTW, they employ a simple provider pattern so their
users can use various cache implementations (including SwarmCache, JBoss Tree
Cache, EHCache), might be worth looking at for inspiration.

Hernan